Dr. Goulding held a private practice for 40 years in Rossford. Currently in semi-retirement, he has sold his practice & chosen to work with Van Optical on a part time basis. Dr. Goulding is a great philanthropist, giving his time and services however he can to help others. Learn more about his efforts to help others in the article recently written about a trip taken to offer eye examinations in Los Reyes, Mexico.
Sight Center Doctor Makes a Difference in Mexico
Robert C. Goulding, O.D., Sight Center Low Vision doctor, along with 25 other Lions Club members recently spent a week in Los Reyes, Mexico performing free eye examinations. the members of the local Los Reyes Lions Club served as hosts and also helped to get the word out about free eye examinations.
This year’s mission trip had the use of a Reichart Non-Contact Tonometer to test eyes for glaucoma. The Sight Center donated the instrument together with a special spring balanced table and loaned a hand-held slit-lamp to aid in diagnosis of ocular diseases.
In total, over 3,000 people received eye examinations, many of whom had never been to a doctor of any kind. In total about 4,700 pairs of recycled prescription glasses were distributed. Dr. Goulding has been a volunteer doctor on Lions Club mission trips to Mexico for the past four years.
Robert C. Goulding, O.D., F.A.A.O.
- University of Toledo, B.S. 1957
- Illinois College of Optometry, O.D. 1965
- The Ohio State University, College of Optometry (1981 & 1990) | Post Graduate Program in Diagnostic and Therapeutic Pharmacology
Licensure: State of Ohio #2791 & T864
- 40 years of Private Practice in Rossford, Ohio
- Specialty contact lenses including keratoconus, aphakic, toric and post corneal surgery
- Binocular visual problems and children’s vision
- Low Vision Consultant to The Sight Center of Northwest Ohio
- Fellow of the American Academy of Optometry
- American Optometric Association
- Past President of the Ohio Optometric Association 1981-82
- Past President of the toledo Area Optometric Society
- Member of Beta Sigma Kappa as an “Honor Student” (Internation Honorary Fraternity)
- From 1971 to 2000 on the curriculum advisory committee Ophthalmic Technology Program
- Owens Technical College
- 1985 to 1994 part-time instructor, Ocular Anatomy and Physics in the Opt-Tech program
- President, Board of Trustees, Mildred Bayer Clinic for the Homeless, Toledo, Ohio (1993-95) | Served on the Advisory Board Mildred Bayer Clinic for the Homeless
- Ohio Lions Eye Research Foundation, District 13A Trustee (1993 to present)
- Rossford Lions club (Charter member – 1988, Past President – 1992-93, Chairman of the Sight Saving Committee, Chairman of Sleuth night (fundraiser) 1991 and co/chairman 1993)
- Maumee Lions Club member (1995-Present)
- The Sight Center of Northwest Ohio – Member of the Prevention of Blindness Committee 13 years
- Rossford Area Jaycees – Charter Member – Chairman, Rossford Blood Bank Program 1970-1973
- Rossford Exchange Club (Past President)
Volunteer Medical Missions:
Medical Director and participant for Alabama Lions Eye Mission to Mexico delivering free eye services and glasses to needy Mexican citizens otherwise unable to afford eye care.
- 2006| Colima, Mexico
- 2007| Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
- 2008| Colima, Mexico
- 2009 | Los Reyes, Mexico
- 2007 | Metro Parks Shining Star Award for commitment to improving the quality of life in the Greater Toledo Community
- 2007| Melvin Jones Fellow Award from Maumee Lions Club
- 2006| Visionary Award from Maumee Lions Club
- 2004| Bryan Fellow Award from District 13A Lions Clubs
- 1999| Master Builder Award from District 13A Lions Clubs
- 1998| JC Penney Golden Rule finalist
- 1995| Ohio Optometric Association, Special Merit Award
- 1995| Commendation from the Ohio House of Representatives
- 1982| Ohio Optometric Association, Optometrist of the Year
- 1982| Commendations for the Ohio Senate and the Ohio House of Representatives
- 1974| Ohio Optometric Association Outstanding Service Award
- 1970| Jaycees Service Award for the Boy Scout and Community Building Project
- 1970| Commendation from the City of Rossford for Youth Services
- Active Duty, served in the United States Army 1957-60
- 1st Lieutenant Infantry and Executive Officer of the Marksmanship Detachment
- U.S. Army Reserve 463rd Engr. Btn. 1960-62
Civil War, guest speaker on ‘The Gener” (Andrew’s Raid), Steam trains, and Sailplane Pilot
Robert has been married to Patricia for 47 years, and is the father of two grown sons, and grandfather of Steven, Mathew, Abigail, Isabelle, and Madeline.
Michael, a 1991 graduate of Ohio State University and a 1996 graduate of the University of Toledo, College of Law. Previously a member of Schindler, Neff, Holmes and Schlageter, and is currently an elected Judge for the Toledo Municipal Court. Married to Amy, and proud Papa of Abigail and Madeline.
Mark, living in the Cleveland area, honorably discharged from the US Army. Husband of Virginia and father of two teenage boys, Steven (who recently became an Eagle Scout) and Mathew, and year old daughter, Isabelle. He is currently wiht the United States Postal Service, and serves as a Scout Master.